Carrs Lane Church Centre, taken before the demolition of Birmingham's Inner Ringway and adjacent red and white buildings (immediate background) which will one day be replaced by the HS2 station. The nearest block, with the four inward-facing roof windows and the name CARRS LANE CHURCH, is the Church Room. Beyond are the three other blocks of the Centre (one almost hidden).
The grey building at the left is St Michael's RC Church, now serving both English- and Polish-speaking congregations. This building the other side of New Meeting Street originally housed 'The New Meeting', a Unitarian church which like Carrs Lane Chapel was a breakaway from 'The Old Meeting' which had been established in 1689, under the Act of Toleration (of non-conformists) passed that year. The original building on that site was burnt down in the 'Priestley riots' of 1791; and rebuilt in similar style in 1802.